Stolen Surge - Plymouth, MA

pm7771

dgray@billingtonseakayak.com writes:

...(Thurs 6/9)...In the morning, there was only one left on the car. It was taken still wrapped. The deck color is yellow with black seam and the serial number is glassed inside, 20127Y0501. The reward is $750 for its recovery and info on who took it.

Just spreading the word. This is the second Surge stolen from Billington in a matter of weeks!

>dgray@billingtonseakayak.com writes:

>

>...(Thurs 6/9)...In the morning, there was only one left on

>the car. It was taken still wrapped. The deck color is

>yellow with black seam and the serial number is glassed

>inside, 20127Y0501. The reward is $750 for its recovery and

>info on who took it.

>

>Just spreading the word. This is the second Surge stolen

>from Billington in a matter of weeks!

I know people like the Surge due it's weight and all. But this is getting out of hand two of the same boat. Do people expect that we won't be on the lookout for someone with a new Surge.

yikes....

the last one they had stolen...i was coming back from maine and saw the identical boat on a roof on 95...i called suze and gave her the location, car make/color, license # and a description of the driver and she called BSK and then called me right back to let me know if i should "tail em" (move over spenser, it's stoehrer for hire...nice ring, no?)

she calls me back 5 minutes later and tells me we have apparently located the GF of one of the BSK guys bringing a demo boat down from maine as the shop didn't have one in stock after the theft...alright so swing and a miss....

point being we ALL recognize boats and hulls going down the road...hell, it's the first thing we see above the roof lines in traffic (just me? come on, help me out here...that's "normal" for kayakers, right?) so it's hardly a case of eternal vigilance....it's the first damn thing we all see!

so come on all you kayak junkies out there...you know what you're looking for - let's hope the boat gets back to BSK! besides which $750 is a nice # to round out your season of excessive (dare i use the word excessive?) gear purhcases....like that portable blender for delicous frozen beverages on the beach, apres paddle!

To all of you potential bounty hunters,

Please remember that Dave has a yellow surge with a blue stripe that he has owned for six years! The yellow is quite faded. It is transported on a green Subaru and we travel route 95 frequently between MA and ME, so don't get too excited if you see us. His yellow surge is often accompanied by my teal one.

Thanks. deb