• Founded in 1998, NSPN is a non-profit organization devoted to helping sea kayakers at all levels enjoy the ocean and improve their skills. Our home base is the North Shore of Massachusetts, but we range up and down the beautiful New England coastline.

The heart of our club is a “pass it forward” culture of peer teaching and learning, with a membership ranging from seasoned experts to novices. Key activities include paddling trips, skills sessions, camping trips, winter pool sessions, workshops and social events.  We support members seeking leadership and coaching training with our Leadership Training Fund.

We are a member club of the Maine Island Trail Association and are stewards of two MITA islands in Casco Bay.

• More events on the Trips Forum!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Recent Forum Posts

• Hi y'all, I totally loved today's trip on Squam - thank you so much Prudence for organizing this and letting a newby like me tag along.  I clearly need to sort out my cold-weather system. And thanks to all for making me feel welcome - despite being cold at the lunch stop it warmed my heart when some of you offered treats to the whole group - that seems like old-world courtesy in today's crazy world, y'know?  I thought: this is a special group of people. Anyways, I have attached some photos - I hope that is kosher. And if any of you who are close to me (in Hopkinton, MA) want to do some small local paddles on ponds or lakes (I work right on Lake Qunisigamond, for example) - drop me a PM.  You can also text me at 617-797-7825. Best, Makoto
    • Thanks for the update Adam.  Another time!  
    • Time to clean out the closet and ensure this grouping of Mocke gear gets used. Available very lightly used Mocke gear in excellent condition includes (msrp):   Racer PFD M/L ($165), Sleeveless Vest L ($45), Calf Leash ($50), Paddle Leash ($15), Instructional video ($20).  Price new $295.  Asking $90 obo for entire package. Reach out via PM or text eight zero four eight one four one five five four.    .
    • Not sure what the process is for confirming  attendance   , but  in any event I  think i first signed up but now cant attend today, not  feeling too  fit to travel and paddle after a long day yesterday. I'll miss you and fine autumn paddling.   Peter 
    • I need to take myself off the waitlist. The Y is short on staff this weekend. I'll be taking on a swim instructor shift.